This post is sponsored by Savings.com and 3M. Any opinions expressed are my own.
I’ve moved a few times in my life. The biggest move was from Pennsylvania to South Carolina while the smallest was just 3 miles away. Honestly though I think the 3 mile one was harder. Why? Because by then we had 4 kids, my hubby had an ebay business, and I had my blog established. We had a ton of stuff to move and packing a house with 6 people in it seems like it takes FOREVER.
Here are some of my tips that you might now think of before moving to a new home:
- Compare and contrast the price of hiring professional movers compared to renting a moving truck and packing supplies or the number of trips you have to make back and forth with your own vehicle. Not to mention packing supplies like tape, boxes, renting a dolly, recruiting people to help, etc. Depending on how much stuff you have and how far a mover might be close in price after all is said and done.
- You’ll need ice. Well you’ll need to pack up your refrigerator and freezer(s) for the move. You’ll want a couple coolers and lots of ice to make sure you don’t have to throw things out.
- Do a walk through in the new house before moving stuff in. You’ll want to check and replace things like air filters, water filters, etc so you’re comfortable while moving and once settled into the house. Right now, Sam’s Club has $8 off 3M Filtrete filters until November 25, 2018
- You’ll want to have a few things ready for the move. Make sure you have toilet paper in the bathroom, paper towels handy for spills, a broom and dust pan, and a few drinks and some food for yourself, your movers, or anyone helping you move.
- If you know about your move far enough ahead of time you can ask friends, family, and coworkers to save you boxes. I work in a hospital and they were kind enough to let me take what empty boxes I wanted. I’d go check every few days and take as many as my arms could carry each time lol
Having a Sam’s Club membership is awesome for moves and settling into a new house. Stock up on your packing supplies, get bulk snacks for everyone helping, fill your pantry once your settled in, etc. Get your Sam’s Club membership here.
I also have a giveaway for you!