Easy & Fun Way to Choose Healthy Products: HueApproved Scanner
When developing a way to gauge the healthiness of products, HueTrition wanted to ensure that they embraced several core beliefs that HueTrition holds about leading a healthy lifestyle:
- That real, whole minimally processed food cooked at home is usually a healthy choice.
- That packaged products are convenient and unavoidable and okay, just not a healthy choice for every meal every day.
- That healthy eating is based on a pattern of choices and not on a single food, ingredient, macronutrient, or micronutrient.
- That food is more than the sum of its nutrient parts.
- That a wide range of products and foods can fit into a healthy pattern.
- That dietitians and food coaches are on staff to help individuals develop their own healthy pattern.
How It Works:
Simply click the Scan button and use your device’s camera to capture the product’s barcode or enter the product name into the input field and search for a match.
It will look up the nutritional value of the product in the USDA Food Database, analyze, and return a HueAppoved Score.
Click here to learn more about the HueApproved scanner!
- They Talk on HueTrition Live to learn more about your goals.
- They send you a shopping list. You should shop the morning of your cook date to ensure the freshest ingredients.
- They Connect on HueTrition Live at your convenience. You cook together via video from the comfort of your kitchen, and guide you step by step for a delicious meal.
- You Eat! A personalized menu along with heating instructions will accompany each cook date.
All you’ll need for this subscription is a computer with a webcam or phone with a camera feature and access to the internet.